Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can a school or TAFE photocopy material from textbooks or student activity books to hand out to students in class?
2. Can we copy and/or communicate a page from a book for a student or a teacher?
3. How many copies can we make of a text work in our school or TAFE?
4. Can I scan an entire book to use in class?
6. Can a teacher upload supplementary materials from a learning resource (eg supplementary resources to a textbook) to a password protected digital teaching environment (DTE)?
7. Can I download a worksheet and use this resource in my classroom?
9. Can a teacher copy a poem for students?
10. Can teachers display text using an interactive whiteboard (eg a newspaper article, web page) as part of a classroom activity?
11. I work for a curriculum development unit. We are currently preparing a publication for distribution to students. Can we copy material from a textbook to include in the publication?
12. Can I make a video recording of a teacher reading a book and upload it to a DTE to play to a class or for students to access?
13. Can I copy an article from a journal?
14. Can I copy a newspaper article to provide to my class?
15. Can our library copy an article from a magazine?
16. Can I copy a short story to provide to my class?
17. Can I use quotes and extracts from a publication in teaching materials?
18. Can we email links to an article or webpage to students?
19. Can I copy a PowerPoint (eg from Slideshare) to use in my class and/or provide to my students?
20. Can I use past exam papers or practice exam papers for students practice and preparation purposes?