Register for 2021 webinars below
In 2020, the National Copyright Unit (NCU) offered a series of free webinars to help teachers navigate copyright while teaching.
We will be running this webinar series again in 2021.
These free webinars are open to all Australian schools and TAFEs (excluding Victorian TAFEs) and are targeted to teachers and teacher-librarians/librarians. The webinar covers topics such as:
- basic introduction to copyright
- what schools and TAFEs are allowed to do under the various education licences
- free education use exceptions – flexible dealing, exam copying, performing and communicating works in the classroom and disability access exceptions
- guidelines for schools and TAFEs about teaching students online
- using Netflix, YouTube and audiobooks in class, including virtual classes
- finding and using ‘Creative Commons’ licensed material and ‘Open Education Resources’.
You can register for the webinars below:
|Friday 15th October (9am – 3pm AEDT)||Register Here|
|Thursday 11th November (9am – 3pm AWST/12pm-6pm AEDT)||Register Here|
|Thursday 14th October (9am – 1pm AWST/12pm – 4pm AEDT)||Register Here|
|Monday 8th November (9am – 1pm AEDT)||Register Here|