2022 dates are currently being finalised
In 2020 and 2021, the National Copyright Unit (NCU) offered a series of free webinars to help teachers navigate copyright while teaching.
We will be running this webinar series again in 2022.
These free webinars are open to all Australian schools and TAFEs (excluding Victorian TAFEs) and are targeted to teachers and teacher-librarians/librarians. The webinar covers topics such as:
- basic introduction to copyright
- what schools and TAFEs are allowed to do under the various education licences
- free education use exceptions – flexible dealing, exam copying, performing and communicating works in the classroom and disability access exceptions
- guidelines for schools and TAFEs about teaching students online
- using Netflix, YouTube and audiobooks in class, including virtual classes
- finding and using ‘Creative Commons’ licensed material and ‘Open Education Resources’.
You can sign up for our mailing list via our homepage to receive an email when our 2022 webinar dates are finalised or you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to be added to our mailing list.