Register for the webinars below
For the last three years, the National Copyright Unit (NCU) has offered a number of free webinars series to help teachers navigate copyright while teaching.
We will be running these webinar series again in 2023.
Below are the details of these webinars:
‘Copyright for Educators’ webinar series
These long-form webinars are open to all Australian schools and TAFEs (excluding Victorian TAFEs) and are targeted to educators, librarians and administrators. The webinars will cover topics such as:
- basic introduction to copyright
- what schools and TAFEs are allowed to do under the various education licences
- free education use exceptions – flexible dealing, exam copying, performing and communicating works in the classroom and disability access exceptions
- guidelines for schools and TAFEs about teaching students online
- using Netflix, YouTube and audiobooks in class, including virtual classes
- finding and using ‘Creative Commons’ licensed material and ‘Open Education Resources’
- livestreaming of music performances/concerts.
2023 ‘Copyright for Educators’ webinar series dates are below:
|Wednesday 7 June||9-3pm AEST (Syd/Bris/Melb/Canberra)||Register Here|
|Thursday 24 August (Perth time)||9-3pm AWST / 11-5pm AEST (Syd/Bris/Melb/Canberra)||Register Here|
|Tuesday 24 October||9-3pm AEDT (Syd/Melb/Canberra)||Register Here|
|Wednesday 24 May||9-1pm AEST (Syd/Bris/Melb/Canberra)||Register Here|
|Friday 4 August (WA time)||9-1pm AWST (Perth time) / 11-3pm AEST (Syd/Bris/Melb/Canberra)||Register Here|
|Thursday 9 November||9-1pm AEDT (Syd/Melb/Canberra)||Register Here|
The NCU Copyright Hour: Short webinars
In 2023, the National Copyright Unit (NCU) will also be running our short webinar series ‘The NCU Copyright Hour’ again. They are aimed at Australian school or TAFE educators, librarians and administrators on specific copyright topics.
These one-hour webinars will be conducted via Zoom.
Please note: when registering for a webinar please ensure you are signing up to the correct webinar for your sector ie TAFE or Schools.
Below are more details on the webinars:
Term 2: Afternoon dates (3:30 – 4:30pm AEST)
|Schools: Copyright for Resource Developers||Tuesday 30 May (3:30 – 4:30pm AEST)||It will cover the below topics:
|Schools: Using TV and Film in Schools||Tuesday 13 June (3:30 – 4:30pm AEST)||It will cover the below topics:
|Schools: Using Text and Artistic Works||Tuesday 20 June (3:30 – 4:30pm AEST)||It will cover the below topics:
If you have any questions about these webinars, please email Sara Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org