Register for the webinars below
Copyright for Educators webinar series
In 2020 and 2021, the National Copyright Unit (NCU) offered a series of free webinars to help teachers navigate copyright while teaching.
We will be running this webinar series again in 2022.
These free webinars are open to all Australian schools and TAFEs (excluding Victorian TAFEs) and are targeted to teachers and teacher-librarians/librarians. The webinar covers topics such as:
- basic introduction to copyright
- what schools and TAFEs are allowed to do under the various education licences
- free education use exceptions – flexible dealing, exam copying, performing and communicating works in the classroom and disability access exceptions
- guidelines for schools and TAFEs about teaching students online
- using Netflix, YouTube and audiobooks in class, including virtual classes
- finding and using ‘Creative Commons’ licensed material and ‘Open Education Resources’
- livestreaming of music performances/concerts.
2022 Webinar dates are below:
For School staff:
|Wed 26 October (9am – 3pm AEDT)||Register Here|
|Thurs 10 Nov (9am – 3pm AEDT)||Register Here|
For TAFE staff:
|Fri 11 Nov (9am – 1pm AET)||Register Here|
The NCU Copyright Hour
In Term 4 2022, the National Copyright Unit (NCU) will be running their webinar series ‘The NCU Copyright Hour’ again. This series of free short webinars are open to Australian school educators, librarians and administrators on specific copyright topics.
These one-hour, after school sessions will run 3:30 – 4:30pm AEDT and will be conducted via Zoom. Please see below for more details on the webinars:
|Topic 1 – Creative Commons (CC)||Tuesday 18 October (3:30 – 4:30pm AEDT)||It will cover the below topics:
|Topic 2 – Copyright and Music||Tuesday 25 October (3:30 – 4:30pm AEDT)||It will cover the below topics:
|Topic 3 – Using Text and Artistic Works
|Tuesday 15 November (3:30 – 4:30pm AEDT)||It will cover the below topics:
|Topic 4 – Copyright for Resource Developers
|Tuesday 22 November (3:30 – 4:30pm AEDT)||Please note: This webinar is open to Australian department/ administering body staff who create learning and curriculum resources.
It will cover the below topics:
|Topic 5 – Using TV and Film in Schools||Tuesday 29 November (3:30 – 4:30pm AEDT)||It will cover the below topics:||Register Here|
If you have any questions about these webinars, please email Sara Lewis at email@example.com